• عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• The Virtue of Taqwa [Piety]

The Virtue of Taqwa [Piety]

Sheikh/ Muhammad Fathallah
    Feb. 29, 2008
    Assalmu alikum wa rhmto Allah wa barakato
    Brothers and sisters in Islam, I hope all of you in highest Iman, this sermon is one of the sermons that I’ve attended here in the London, it was a really good one and they printed the speech on papers, so I would like to share you guys what I have between my hands and we ask Allah sincerity. Besm Allah

Dear brothers and sisters: The Qur’an declares “Let those fear (in their behaviour toward orphans) who, if they had left behind them weak offspring, would be afraid for them. So let them mind their duty to Allah and speak justly.” [An-Nisaa 4:9] Ibn Abbas said this verse prohibits unjust wills, so Allah warns us to fear Allah and be fair.

It was narrated that Sa’d Ibn Abi Waqqas said, “O Messenger of God, I have wealth and only have one daughter to inherit from me. Shall I give two thirds of my wealth as sadaqah?” “No,” replied the Prophet (PBUH). “Then [shall I give] half?” asked Sa’d and the Prophet (PBUH) again said “No”. “Then a third?” asked Sa’d. “Yes” said the Prophet (PBUH), “A third is much. To leave your heirs well off is better than leaving them dependent upon others. If you spend anything seeking to gain thereby the pleasure of God, you will be rewarded for it as a morsel that you place in your wife’s mouth.” Sa’d did not remain the father of just one child, but he was blessed thereafter with many children. Scholars have said that, if natural heirs are rich, one third be willed to others and, if they are poor it should be one quarter.

The Qur’an says “O ye who believe! Guard your duty to Allah and speak words straight to the point. He will adjust your works for you and will forgive your sins. Whosoever obeys Allah and His messenger he verily hath gained a signal victory.” [Al-Ahzab 33: 70-71]

Dear brothers and sisters: why did Allah [swt] order us to be righteous and pious towards Him? Why is Taqwa so important that it is mentioned in every Friday sermon? The answer is that with Taqwa, you will be able to find all the goodness of life here and in the hereafter

By being pious towards Allah [swt], a person can gain respect, guidance and happiness as well as Allah Almighty’s blessing. So what is Taqwa? A simple definition of Taqwa would be; performing every act commaned by Allah [swt] and refraining from all things prohibited by Him.”

Dear brothers and sisters: We need to deal with society’s problems to the best of our ability. Counselling and rehab sessions are not sufficient. We must also include advice about Iman and Taqwa. We need to explain that ignoring what Allah [swt] said has prohibited will only lead to destruction of the individual of the community.

Dear brothers and sisters: To fear Allah [swt] is what he advised us all past and present. Allah [swt] says: “...And We charged those who received the Scripture before you, and (We charge) you that ye keep your duty toward Allah...” [4:131]

The Prophet (PBUH) also said to his companions: “I advise you to fear Allah.” [Reported by Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi and narrated by Irbadh bin Saryia]. Both the verse of Allah [swt] and the hadith of the Prophet (PBUH) shows the importance and excellence of Taqwa [piety/fear of Allah]. At-taqwa means protecting oneself frpm the punishment of Allah [swt] by obeying His laws and refraining what he has forbidden.

The results of Taqwa are many and can be summarized as follows:
    At-taqwa is a mean of being admitted to Paradise. Allah says: “Such i the Garden which We cause the devout among our bondmen to inherit.” [19:63]
    At-tqwa is a way of overcoming troubles and gaining provision. Allah says: “...And whosoever keeps his duty to Allah, Allah will appoint a way out for him. And will provide for him from (a quarter) whence he has no expectation...” [65:2-3]
    It is a way of regarding easy what is difficult. Allah says: “...And whosoever keeps his duty to Allah, He makes his course easy for him.” [65:4]
    It is a means of being happy in his life and in the hereafter. Happiness is not in being rich or wealthy. Happiness is piety
    It is a protection from the plots of the unbelievers. Allah says: “...But if ye preserve and keep from evil their guile will never harm you...” [3:120].

Finally we ask Allah to guide us all.
    ]
    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة أبو قتادة; الساعة 03-04-2008, 04:09 AM. سبب آخر: font
    اللهم أرزقنى الشهادة على أعتاب الاقصى التى يُمزق فيها قلبي ليُجمع به فى رحابك وخذ من دمى حتى ترضى .. أسالكم الدعاء

تعرف على المسجد الاقصى

رد: The Virtue of Taqwa [Piety]

thanks for the topic

and sorry to adjust the font
    البدعة والسيئة في واقع العمل الاسلامي لا ينكر وجودهما إلا أعمى... ولا يجوز لمسلم أن يدافع عن الباطل أو يبرر وجوده، فالباطل باطل أبداً ،كما أن المنكر منكر أبداً، ومن زعم أن الحقّ لا يمكن أن يستقيم له أمرٌ في هذه الدنيا إلا بنوعٍ من الباطل فهو مخطئ على الشريعة النبوية، فالحق لا يحتاج إلى الباطل، والهدى لا يحتاج إلى الضلالة..
    أبو قتادة الفلسطيني -فكّ الله أسره-

تعليق

رد: The Virtue of Taqwa [Piety]

It's ok, no worries
      JAK

اللهم أرزقنى الشهادة على أعتاب الاقصى التى يُمزق فيها قلبي ليُجمع به فى رحابك وخذ من دمى حتى ترضى .. أسالكم الدعاء

تعرف على المسجد الاقصى

تعليق

يعمل...
      X