X

• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• a non- Muslim woman who reverted to Islam

a compilation of a non- Muslim woman

[][[][/]]This is a compilation of a non- Muslim woman narrating the live, experience and previous beliefs as well as Islamic impressions and reasons, as to why she reverted to Islam
    Taken from:"WHY WOMEN ARE ACCEPTING ISLAM –compiled by Muhammad Haneef Shahid

I was born a Buddhist but was not taught anything about Buddhism, its teachings or its principles .All that I knew about Buddhism was following my parents to the temples during festive seasons (which is on a birthday, nearly every month, of one god or another) or praying at home to the god of Heaven, the god of the lounge, the god of the kitchen and so on
    We used joss sticks to pray to those idols, or even colored ****l plates with inscriptions on them. When we prayed, we prayed only for our own god, making up a very long 'Shopping list'. In our worship we did not think of anybody except ourselves and our immediate family
    To the older generation of Chinese and their ignorant way of thinking, Islam is a stupid religion. This is because to the non-Muslim Chinese the Muslims seem, when praying with their faces turned towards Qibla,to be praying to the wall, while they , the Buddhists pray to idols which , to them , is more realistic. Secondly, the Muslim fast is considered stupid as the Chinese enjoy their food. Thirdly, Muslims do not eat pork while the Chinese love it
    Because I was brought up in such a society, I also accepted their ignorant way of thought.
    I was never a religious person at home so when I came to England I became an atheist. All my friends were not religious either. All we were interested in was amusement and entrainment, like parties, discos, etc
    I was given a few books on Islam, I read them and I was very suspicious of Islam but I was willing to learn and soon my interest grew
    One day I came across a copy of the book ISLAM OUR CHOICE I read this book carefully and the feeling that those brothers and sisters of Islam expressed in that book made a great impression on me. I realized then that Islam would be the right path for me to follow
    The five pillars of Islam, when I analyzed them, made more sense to me than worshipping the idols:
    1. Belief in One God and that Muhammad is His Prophet and the last of the Prophets made more sense than praying to Buddha and to idols made by man.
    2. Prayer reminds one of God and prevents one committing sins.
    3. Fasting develops one's will - power, and self – control
    4. Zakat ensures that the materialistic urge within us does not overpower our tendency to share with others.
    5. Hajj during which we visit Makkah once in a lifetime is a gathering of Muslims of all colors and races.

What really impressed me most about Islam was moral teachings: that one must dress decently and cover up one's body especially in the case of women. This is to prevent any destructive or unbefitting trends or desires to prevail in the society
    Another aspect of Islam that attracted me was cleanliness which in Islam is very important. Cleaning after answering the call of nature, and taking Wadhu before going for prayer sounded natural to me and very wise
    Against my parent's wishes .I became a Muslim after six months of studying the religion. I hope one day my parents will come to understand that Islam has done me a world of good, much more than even what they had taught me for eighteen years.
    I became a Muslim because I believe in Allah as the only God and that Muhammad is his Prophet, and because I accept the teachings of Islam as they are laid down in the Glorious Qur'an and the practice of the Prophet
    I intend, In Sha'Allah , to be a good and true Muslimah and I would like to thank all the brothers and sisters who have helped me, in one way or another , to discover and embrace Islam
يعمل...
X