• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• Some Advice for Conveying Islam to Non-Muslim Friends and Acquaintances

Some Advice for Conveying Islam to Non-Muslim Friends and Acquaintances

Sheikh Khâlid al-Sayf, professor at al-Imâm University

Many of us have contact with people of other faiths in our daily lives. They might be friends, acquaintances, or leagues. However, some of us find it difficult to approach them about Islam. We wonder: What can I possibly say? How can I tell him that his religion is wrong? This bewilderment causes us to fail to teach these good people about Islam.

As Muslims, we should naturally desire to teach others about Islam. We know that this was the work of the Prophets. Allah says: “Say: This is my way; I call to Allah upon clear knowledge, I and those who follow me. Glory be to Allah! And I am not of those who engage in polytheism.” [Sûrah Yûsuf: 108]

We know that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said to `Alî b. Abî Tâlib: “I swear by Allah! That Allah guides by your hand a single person is better for you than all the finest camels.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (2724) and Sahîh Muslim (4423)]

The following are just a few points of advice for those of us who wish to approach this noble effort:

1. Make sure to pick an appropriate time to bring up the subject of Islam. Make sure that the other person is n the right frame of mind to talk about it.

2. Avoid things that will make the other person uncomfortable. You should be gentle and accommodating in your attitude and approach various issues and stions as a seeker of the truth.

3. Never criticize or attack the other person’s beliefs. That is a very indiscrete and unwise thing to do. This might make the other person more adamant about his beliefs as well as spoil the good relationship that you have with him.

4. Avoid getting into discussions about secondary issues. No matter how much the other person insists upon doing so, stress to him that essential matters and principles should be discussed first and it is not going to get us anywhere to delve into secondary matters when the primary issues are not fully understood.

For example, it is wrong to talk about why the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had the number of wives that he had before discussing the concept of prophethood and what it means for him to be a Prophet.

5. Get acquainted with the standard misconceptions about Islam that are being circulated and how to answer them. Many of these misconceptions are well known. If he is Christian, acquaint yourself with the claims about Islam being circulated by Christian groups to their followers. Many of these misconceptions have been around for generations.

6. If the person is from the People of the s.c.r.i.p.ture, it is often good to start with the topic of the earlier Prophets and how we know that they are Prophets. Talk about Moses (peace be upon him) and the other prophets of Israel. After that, bring up Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and discuss how his prophethood is established in the same way that theirs is. Once it is accepted that he is a Prophet, then it follows that everything that he says about God is true.

This is far better – in my opinion – than trying to argue concepts like the Trinity, especially with people who are not well-versed in their faith, which is the case with most people today.

And Allah knows best
    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة loving Islam; الساعة 06-08-2009, 04:17 AM.
    نصيحة للجميع بلا استثناء وخاصة اخواتي

في الوقت الذي تُهدد فيه جماعة من اليهود باقتحام المسجد الأقصى
    وفي الوقت الذي يُسب فيه نبيّ هذه الأمة
    وفي الوقت الذي يُداس فيه القرآن ويُهان

وتكتفي أمتي في زمان الذلّ باستنكار على استحياء !
    وتُطالِب بمليون توقيع !!!!!

رد: Some Advice for Conveying Islam to Non-Muslim Friends and Acquaintances

Assalmu alikum sister
    i'm really in need of these kind of topics
    subhan Allah i needed one today and you posted it
    thanks a lot
    may Allah rewad you
    JAK

اللهم أرزقنى الشهادة على أعتاب الاقصى التى يُمزق فيها قلبي ليُجمع به فى رحابك وخذ من دمى حتى ترضى .. أسالكم الدعاء

تعرف على المسجد الاقصى

تعليق

As-Salamu alaykum
      May Allah reward you the best, sister, for these tips that we all should know and practice them. I did enjoy reading it and like to read it once again and again. I like to add two points to them:

1- In the light of most stories of embracing Islam that I read or heard, I noticed there is a common factor among most of those people who reverted to Islam. Most of them are inspired by the good example of a Muslim they dealt with. No matter how the person speaks well about Islam, its beliefs, principles and ethics; they all are of no value if the person does not apply them in his life. Allah says in the Qur'an about the people of Book reproaching them: "Do you order righteousness of the people and forget yourselves while you recite the Scripture?"[Al-Baqara 44] So, we should practice what we preach first.

2- Knowledge, especially Sharia knowledge:
      In the light of the posted tips, I see it is very important to gain knowledge before embarking upon this mission. It is not befitting for a soldier to go for the battlefield without a weapon. Allah says in the Qur'an: "
      Say: This is my way; I call to Allah upon clear knowledge" [Yusuf 108] So, this verse informs us about the most important thing in Da'wa.
      If we go again through these tips we will find many points necessitates knowledge for example in the point no. 4 it is supposed that the person should fully understand Creed of Islam so that he can talk about the concept prophethood. Also, in the point no. 5the one should fully know the teachings of his religion first and then know how to refute any attacks against them.

I liked to share you with these two points that come to my mind and hope that the rest of our colleagues add their points here so that we come up with a perfect topic
      التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة loving Islam; الساعة 06-08-2009, 04:22 AM.
      مهمــا طال الزمن الأسود* وتطـــــاول علج أو عربـد
      وتشامخ في الأرض طغاة *أو أرغى المجرم أو أزبــد
      سيطل الفجر وينبثق
      ----------
      دعوة المرء لأخيه بظهر الغيب مستجابة
      فأسألكم الدعاء لي بالهداية والإخلاص والقبول
      إلى لقاء...

تعليق

we alayakm elsalam

Allah bless & reward you

تعليق

May Allah reward you too brother
          مهمــا طال الزمن الأسود* وتطـــــاول علج أو عربـد
          وتشامخ في الأرض طغاة *أو أرغى المجرم أو أزبــد
          سيطل الفجر وينبثق
          ----------
          دعوة المرء لأخيه بظهر الغيب مستجابة
          فأسألكم الدعاء لي بالهداية والإخلاص والقبول
          إلى لقاء...

تعليق

يعمل...
          X