• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• How to Be Consistent part 2

How to Be Consistent

Part 2 of 3: Building Your Consistency
    Set specific goals. General consistency is great, but being consistent is a lot easier and more likely to succeed if you set specific goals.
    Consider how you want to use consistency to achieve your specific goals. For example, if your specific goal is to lose weight, you would need to work on being consistent with exercise, with your diet (eating healthy foods), etc.
    A list of goals might look something like this: save up money for retirement, be on time to work, remember to help your significant other at home, getting all your reading completed for your class. Being consistent will mean setting aside a part of your paycheck each month, setting your alarm clock for earlier, taking care of the baby so your significant other can have certain nights off, and carving out time to do all the reading for your class.
    Make change slowly. If you try and do everything at once all you're going to do is overwhelm yourself. It will make it a lot harder for you to be consistent. Make gradual changes instead of jumping in head first.
    If you can do something for three weeks, it will become part of your routine. Pick 1 thing you'll work to be consistent in for a month. When that month is up, add another thing to be consistent in.
    Set specific boundaries. Boundaries will make it easier to be consistent, because then you have a specific limit in which to function, rather than a vague "I'm going to be consistent." Setting a boundary really just means setting constraints on exactly how and when you're going to do certain things
    For example: instead of just saying "I'm going to be consistent about appreciating my significant other" you might say "I'm going to thank my significant other when they do things like wash the dishes or make dinner or help out around the house."
    Hold yourself accountable. To be consistent you have to make sure that you recognize when you don't come up to the standards and goals that you've set when you don't act consistently with your goals.
    On a calendar write down each day whether you succeeded or failed in following your consistency goals. If you failed, explain why you didn't follow them. This will help keep you accountable to when you don't follow your goals and your boundaries and will also serve as a marker of your progress.
    Don't beat yourself up when you don't hit the mark. No one is perfect and no one is perfectly consistent. You aren't going to be, either. What matters is that you keep working towards your goals and towards consistency.
    To be continued…
    الجامعة الدولية الالكترونية

يعمل...
X